The challenge: Propose new solutions to combine advanced manufacturing with aerospace and/or textile
Presenting the 1st GALACTICA Hackathon
- An open-innovation challenge aimed to find new early-stage ideas that combine advanced manufacturing with aerospace and/or textile
- All projects will be evaluated by experts from 10 European clusters and organisations, both from a technical and business perspective
- The competition will run in February and March 2021. It is open to teams from SMEs, Start-Ups and Students within the European Union
- Register by 29 January!
- 4 teams will be awarded a total amount of € 50,000 to develop their ideas and will have the chance to access other GALACTICA support tools
Why should I participate?
- To obtain financial support for early-stage new ideas to combine advanced manufacturing with aerospace and/or textile. Companies can get up to € 25,000 and students up to € 10,000 (total prizes € 50,000)
- To access a wide European network of clusters and organisations, thus obtaining visibility for the project and gaining the opportunity to connect with key players in multiple industrial sectors
- To have the chance of accessing additional tools offered by GALACTICA project (Orbital Projects, Pioneer Acceleration) to further support the scale-up of innovative ideas and create new value chains
When: 9 – 24 February 2021
Support: 3 Workshops
Output: Concept Note and Video pitch
Selection of 10 teams
When: 18 – 19 March 2021
Support: 1 Workshop and Mentorship
Output: Live Business Pitch
SMEs & Start-ups: € 25,000 winner / € 10,000 runner-up
Students: € 10,000 winner / € 5,000 runner-up
Accept the challenge
Register by 29 January and be part of an amazing happening!
The registration for the Hackathon is open from 17 December 2020 until 29 January 2021.