GALACTICA’s first call for proposals with 1.2M€ to support new value chains by European innovative SMEs closed last 19th May 2021.
- 84 proposals have been received with the participation of 138 SMEs requesting over 5M€ in funding.
- Those selected will be informed in July, to start the projects in September 2021.
- Spain is the first of 5 countries with the highest number of participant companies, accounting for almost 25% of the total number.
The Call for proposals was addressed to the European SMEs and start-ups that plan to develop innovative solutions that could be part of cross-sectoral and cross-border value chains with two different funding lines.
Spain, with 34 participants, is the first in the ranking of the 21 eligible participating countries, preceded by Germany (25) and followed by Italy (17), Portugal (12) and France (11).
The Galactica consortium will evaluate the proposals and select the best projects to be funded with grants of up to €20,000 for pioneer and up to €100,000 for orbital. The evaluation will be carried out between May and June and it is expected that the final ranking list will be confirmed in July. The available budget will fund up to 28 of the 84 proposals received.
GALACTICA’s first Call for proposals has two different types of funding instruments, in the form of lump-sum vouchers, that are addressed to SMEs and start-ups with innovative solutions that could be part of cross-sectoral and cross-border value chains in the relevant sectors.
- Pioneer Acceleration voucher will support the exploration of new cross-sectoral value chains with focus on developing a Minimum Viable Product (MVP). Near 20 selected projects will receive a lump sum up to 20k€ each voucher for the Pioneer Acceleration.
- Orbital Projects voucher aims to support the demonstration of new cross-sectoral value chains connecting the different sectors of GALACTICA with initial market tests of the products and services developed. GALACTICA aims to select up to eight projects who will receive a lump sum support up to 100k€ per consortia, with a maximum of 58k€ per SME. Eligible consortia will be composed of at least two SMEs from at least two different sectors.
The total participant countries are as follows. We thanked all of them for their participation.